Salad for warm summer nights
When the weather starts to warm up, I love to have a yummy salad! Combining a few of my favorite ingredients, this orzo salad is both fresh and filling!
It’s easy to make too, because who wants to be in front of the stove for any longer than you need to be on a summer evening.
Orzo salad is perfect to make a big batch of and eat throughout the week. I find myself going through this recipe pretty quickly!
My favorite spices are from Oaktown Spice Shop, a local, and amazing spice store. Spices can really make all the difference in a light salad, like this one.
- Rotisserie chicken
- Italian seasoning
- Lemon juice of a large lemon
- Olive oil
Making orzo salad
- Cook orzo according to instructions for Al dente. You want your orzo to be nice a firm. Save about a half cup of your pasta water for later
- Chop veggies to bite size cubes
- Crumble feta to small bite size pieces
- Pull apart chicken for shredded pieces
- Combine ingredients into a bowl and toss with Italian seasoning
- Stir in liquid ingredients. Squeeze whole lemon, add olive oil, and pasta water
- Let chill in the fridge for a few hours before eating. I find this recipe is it’s best on day 3 when all of the flavors have come together.
Serving your salad
I like to add different layers to my salad every time I eat it! Sliced avocado and a bed of lettuce is one delicious way to eat your salad.
Over arugula with a balsamic glaze and crusted toast could be yummy, too! Add some leftover bacon for a treat. Or serve this salad as a side along with your bbq at your next cookout.
Whether your making this orzo salad as a cool dinner or as a cookout side – try this yummy salad this summer.