Air dry clay is a great medium for DIY projects. It’s easy to work with and can be used to create a variety of home decor items.
Air dry comes in a variety of colors and is an easy way to add personalized touches to your home!
Projects with Air Dry Clay
Here are a couple of easy projects you can make using air dry clay:
Organic trinket dish
Roll out a piece of clay to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use a bowl or other object to cut out a circular shape. Use a sharp knife to cut a wavy edge around the top of the bowl.
Roll out a piece of clay to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use a knife or other object to cut out small beads. Use a tool to slice an indent, about halfway through clay bead.
Roll out a piece of clay to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use a knife or other object to cut out a small rectangular shape. Use pens or similar round objects as props to drape the rectangle over.
Allow the clay to dry completely before sealing it with a clear coat sealant.
Shop air dry clay
Tips for Air Dry Clay
Here are 5 tips for working with air dry clay:
- Condition the clay before you start working with it. This will make it more pliable and easier to work with.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the clay to the desired thickness.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter or knife.
- Make impressions in the clay using a stamp or other object.
- Allow the clay to air dry completely before painting or sealing it.