Hi there! Thanks for stopping by xoxojackie, you’ve landed on one of my most popular crafts. I’ve got quite a few other crafts + plant care posts. Stay awhile, and check them out!
A few weeks ago I purchased a Raskog rolling cart from Ikea to hold random knick-knacks that were accumulating in my bedroom. It sat in a corner holding clutches on one level, a storage box on the top, and a few other odds and ends on the bottom shelf. Totally doing its job. It needed something, though! In the spirit of my current color obsessions – I decided it needed a dash of rose gold.
I considered spraying the entire cart but decided on just doing the frame, and I am so happy with how it turned out. This quick DIY changed the whole look of the cart- giving it a makeover that is just the right amount of glam.
- If you were already using your cart, you’ll first want to disassemble the cart so you can separate your shelves from the frame.
- After removing the baskets, You’ll spray paint the entire frame with copper spray. – I found it was helpful to keep the frame intact while painting so I could reach all of the right places. Let dry.
- Spray another coat of paint. Let dry
- After letting the frame dry for about an hour, spray with a protective top coat.
- Once completely dry, reassemble and you’ve got a new cart!
I can be a little rough with furniture, so I am hoping an extra layer of protection will keep it from getting scratched or scuffed. After letting the frame dry overnight, I reattached the baskets.
Don’ t forget to also paint your hardware – you want your screws, washers, plates, etc. to match as well!
A couple coats of paint transformed this simple cart into a unique piece. I am putting this in my bedroom and could see this being used all over the house down the line. It would be great as a mini bar cart, or bathroom organization piece.
What’s next to spray paint?!