I created a faux stone pendant light for a fraction of what I was seeing out there, let me show you how I did it!
Natural materials are amazing additions to a home. Stone, ceramic, wood, can be so comfortable in a space. I wanted to incorporate these into my pendant lamp project.
- Plastic lampshade
- Pendant light
- Acrylic paint
- Baking soda
- Wood rings
- Adhesive glue
- Make your paint. For a matte, stone look, mix in baking soda to your paint.
- Paint lampshade. Cover the entire outside with your paint mixture. Let dry. Then paint another coat.
- Glue wood pieces together. I chose 2 rings to glue together, then let them dry.
- Attach wood to shade. Glue wood pieces around the top opening.
- Glue shade to pendant light. Carefully glue the pendant light to the top wood piece. Tape in place and let dry/cute for at least 24 hours.
Hang your pendant light, and you’ve got a custom piece of art as a light.